Friday, February 5, 2016

A Friend of Mine

Posted by Norazo at 3:58 PM
I have this one friend whom i learn so much from her in term of treating others. In my early career, she is the one i referred  to. She is not a Muslim and she's is really nice and kindhearted. She is pretty but she doesnt act like it. She just natural. She's not the type who jealous of other pretty girls like most of the girls i knew. She is often the subject of other girls jealousy which is ridiculous because she doesn't care and she herself find it funny. In term of work, she is hardworking and focus. 

I feel ashamed of how ignorance I am back in the days. Whenever a cleaning lady approaches our cubicles i never say Thank You.  Sitting next to my cubicle, i heard her say Thank You everyday which prompt me of doing the same. Its not that im not thankful its just i probably think that i dont need to say the word but she did. I feel ashamed of myself. And now, after so many years, no matter how busy i am to the point of i can't even look at the cleaning lady face while saying the magic words, i never forget to say thank you and sorry at the same time. She teach me that, though im sure she didnt know.

Fast forward to 6.5 years later, i met her again during one of the workshop. She still in the same ministry though in a different division, and i have moved to another department. Again i was awed by her behavior. Im not considering myself as someone who look down on others but it looks like i am. During the break, we went  for refreshments with some light delights prepared. At that time the   banquet boy was present. She asked the boy, what is it? (referring to the foods), the boy answer he dont know. And she just offer the boy to taste it. She actually surprised because the boy himself never taste it. "Why dont you take one she said, go ahead" and the boy probably know that he is not allowed to politely rejected her offer. I have never in my entire adult life ever offer waiter/waitress or banquet staff to taste the food. For me, they just there as a person who doing their job but for her, they are human first.  And i know she is not pretending to be nice because she always is. She not just beautiful on the outside, she's beautiful all around. And, she is an excellent officer too. 

I found the situation heartwarming. I witnessed the same situations again, That is her. When i don't have the transportation back in the days, she eagerly drag me to join her in her boyfriend's car and drop me off at my house. When i hurt  and  sprained my ankle, she take me to the hospital and wait for me. She is the eldest in her siblings and maybe that's why she have this sense of responsibilities towards others and not just he family and friends.She is the person i forever thankful to and i hope her boyfriend propose to her soon.. 

Thank you friend, i owe you sooooo veryy much!



0 comments:

 

Something for Nothing~~ Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos